Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Caught Up!

After this post I'll finally be caught up to the present!

This past Friday, the 26th, all of our friends who work for Sonshine Houseboat Ministries were going to be going up north to the Delta for their debrief staff retreat from summer. Peter was going to be taking his boat up for the weekend, but decided to take it out Friday morning before leaving, and invited Chad, Michael and I to come with him! The Knickerbockers have an incredibly nice wakeboard boat. It was really fun to play on! And we did all kind of things for the amount of time we were there - we wakeboarded, wakesurfed, and roamboarded in about three hours. So much fun!







Michael threw me a Pringle!


This is Chad on the Roamboard, which is basically a
snowboard on the water.









I got to drive the X15!


---

That night Chad and I got to go to the "Music Builds Tour" show in Irvine. The bands that are touring together are Jars of Clay, Robert Randolph, Switchfoot and Third Day. We got there right in the middle of Switchfoot's set, so we were really glad we got to see them play! We also got to hang out with Jared, Denny and Tim while we were there, so that was fun. At the end of Third Day's set, all of the bands came out and played a U2 song together. I had just told Chad that I love it when tours do that! It was great. And the best part? In the middle of the song I got a text from Jared that said "Tim is such a rock star"... Tim was on stage with the bands rocking out and playing the tambourine!! He is a rockstar :).


Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Third Day

Third Day

Third Day, Robert Randolph, Jars of Clay, Switchfoot,
and Tim.



---

Saturday and Sunday Chad and I did mostly nothing. We played video games, made food together, watched Friends and The Office, did some homework, and ran errands. It was so wonderful just to relax and not have an agenda. I did work on Saturday night, but it was a good shift - the people were nice, it wasn't too busy, and I made good money. So, all in all, definitely a winner of a weekend.

No comments: